Africa Fashion Week 2014

Obviously if your into fashion, at any given opportunity to attend a fashion event/show then your going to jump at the chance. Luckily at Africa Fashion week they were giving away a certain amount of free tickets, so obviously I snapped up some tickets and attended on the Friday with my sister who attended with her fashion college. 
Firstly, the venue itself was really open and clean looking which I really liked, it was located in Kensington olympia. Usually I'm the one snapping up pictures of peoples outfits for street style but I had a few people including a lovely girl from Company magazine who took pictures of my outfit for a change which are now up on the website here.

There were some really cool, interesting and well thought about collections but I really fell in love with one in particular by Giberky. The whole theme of her collection seemed to be shades of gold/rose gold/pink and white with iridescent and intricate detailing. The whole collection was very dream like with flowing fabrics and it all looked amazing on the runway. Everything was so well thought about from the sleeves to the collars on the dresses and the whole collection linked and told a story which is what should come across when showing a collection on the runway. Sorry that these pictures aren't amazing quality they were taken on my iPhone.

Africa Fashion week 2014 has made me even more excited for London Fashion week 2014 in september and whilst this is going on I'll be doing work experience with Closer magazine before I start back at uni for my 2nd year which I'm sooooo excited for!

 Jess xo

Comments

  1. Hey, I just tagged you to do the Autumn tag.
    Sam x
    http://www.thestylemole.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so cool xx
    www.styleandlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts